Sunday, August 09, 2009

Interesting things


"omg emma, you totally look like jiang bei!"

(she's a teacher in our secondary school btw. not a very nice one from what I've heard)



Now that I'm reminded of kaiying when she said that to me yesterday after they cut my hair, I'll show you some stuff from a link she sent me yesterday.

Talk about hyper-realism.

(THEY'RE ALL PAINTINGS NOT PHOTOS)


This is already the least realistic one of the lot.


or MAYBE this one.











I keep posting these hyper-realistic stuff which I don't exactly like, but don't you find them amazingly real?




Now for totally non-realistic stuff: (all by kandinsky)


I liked this when I found it two years ago, but now I can't remember why. Now I feel as if I like kandinsky's pieces for no reason. Ohyes, I like painterly stuff with all the brushstrokes and blending and all.

Maybe its the colours or the composition, I don't know. I still like them anyway. Just aesthetically appealing and all, I mean it feels kinda odd to analyse paintings even when I'm not doing SOVA you know? Sometimes I do feel so shallow, :C

Here are the ones I prefer:






Not so much of the last one actually, but its like so uniquely his.

No comments: